Excavator Stump Grinders
- stump grinders for excavators from 8 - 16 tonnes.
- suitable for landscaping, forestry, road-sides.
- easy, fast and inexpensive replacement of stump grinder teeth - on the spot.
- low weight, compact size, robust construction.
- easy conversion to high-speed concrete, bitumen or wood-cutting saw.
- suitable for use on excavators, tractors, backhoes and skid-steers.
Their design is based on the Echidna HS (high-speed) series of diamond tipped saws. Only high-power - high-speed motors such as those used in Echidna high-speed diamond saws can provide the tip speed required for efficient stump grinding.
Use for Wood Saw, Concrete and Rock Saw
The unique spindle bearing assembly design for all our excavator hydraulic rock saws and stump grinders provides for extremely easy blade replacement and this together with their very high rotational speed makes them directly suitable for the cutting of wood or concrete or bitumen cutting for road and other construction works. It is just a matter of a simple replacement of the cutting blade which takes, literally, minutes.
The replacement of stump grinder teeth is also very easy, fast and inexpensive.
Echidna SG stump grinders can also be mounted on skid-steers, tractors and backhoes
Advantages of Excavator Stump Grinding
The use of an excavator for stump grinding has clear advantages
- excavators can reach stumps that are inaccessable to stand-alone stump grinders
- The excavator mounted stump grinders utilise the power and reach of the excavator, to make the grinding of stumps fast and efficient.
Excavators can be used to rip the stump from the ground. While this can be quicker than grinding the stump, grinding has some advantages
- the organic matter is returned to the soil
- there is no stump to dispose of by burning or paying for landfill disposal
- the root network remains in the ground, stabilising the soil and preventing erosion
At Echidna, we have developed a comprehensive range of models of excavator stump grinders, to help you harness all of the available power of your excavator.
For specifications, please refer to D2HS for SG2, D3HS for SG3 and D4HS for SG4 diamond rocksaws specifications